Buying Fairtrade food, wine and flowers can make a real difference to the lives of people in developing countries. We’re the world’s largest retailer of Fairtrade products and with over 580 product available in store and online, so you can put more Fairtrade in your basket.
Buy great products with a clear conscience
Buying Fairtrade products means you can feel good that producers in developing countries like Kenya or Columbia are getting a fair price for what they grow. They also receive an extra Fairtrade Premium so they can invest in things for their communities – like schools, hospitals and safe drinking water. We have a range of Fairtrade licensed products to help you support Fairtrade in your everyday shop.
Our Fairtrade products include:
- 100% of Bananas
- All our Own Brand black teas including speciality black teas
- All our Own Brand roast & ground coffee
- Over 30 Own Brand chocolate products including dark, milk and white chocolate
- Tea, coffee and hot chocolate from our in store cafés (excluding speciality teas)
- Kenyan roses
- A selection of nuts including cashew, Brazil and peanuts
- Our Taste the Difference South African Taste wines
- Fruit and vegetables – including green beans, pineapple and mango
We sell an incredible 650 million Fairtrade bananas a year – almost as many as all of the other major supermarkets put together. These bananas generate Fairtrade premium of £3.8 million a year, which small farming communities in the Dominican Republic, Colombia, St Lucia and Ghana invest in community projects.
More about our Fairtrade bananas
Fair Development Fund
Sainsbury’s Fair Development Fund is a unique fund run by Comic Relief and financed by Sainsbury’s,. It aims to create a broader and more collaborative way of supporting Fairtrade.