Heinz Red Nose Day competition terms and conditions
February – March 2017
Full Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
- This Red Nose Day promotion (’Promotion’) is subject to these Terms & Conditions (‘Terms’) and only open to people resident in England, Scotland, or Wales, who are aged 18 and over, and are not employees of either H.J. Heinz Foods UK Ltd or any party associated with the administration of this Promotion.
- In order to win one of the Red Nose Day prizes (‘Prize’) you will need to find one of the 10 ‘Laughing Cans’ which will be hidden in 10 of the special multipacks of Heinz products produced for Red Nose Day (‘Red Nose Packs’). Red Nose Packs will be promotional packs of 4 x Heinz Beanz 415g and the 4 x Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup 400g multipacks. 5 Laughing Cans will be hidden in Beanz Red Nose Packs and 5 in Tomato soup Red Nose Packs. Red Nose Packs are subject to availability and will only be sold in Sainsbury’s stores and Sainsbury’s online.
- The Laughing Cans will be independently and randomly hidden in the Sainsbury’s stock of Red Nose Packs. Laughing Cans will look like a normal Heinz can but, when opened, will release the sound of laughter and will not contain food product. The contents of Laughing Cans must not be eaten.
- To win a Prize, you must purchase a Red Nose Pack containing a Laughing Can from a Sainsbury’s store or Sainsbury’s online between between 00:01 on 1st February 2017 and 23:59 on 31st March 2017. If ordering online, your Red Nose Pack must be delivered by 23:59pm on 31st March 2017.
- If you purchase a Red Nose Pack and find a Laughing Can, you will need to submit a valid Prize claim to secure your Prize. Prize claims must be made before 16:59 on 31/08/2018. All entries received after that time will be automatically void and will not be eligible to win a Prize. Further details about how to claim Prizes are provided below.
- Full instructions on how to makes a Prize claim will be in the Laughing Cans and must be followed to successfully claim your Prize. As part of the claim process, you will be required to return your Laughing Can to the Promoter. To receive instructions on how to return the Laughing Can, you will need to contact the Heinz Customer Care team using the contact details found inside the Laughing Can. This will be at no further cost to participants.
- Within  days of receipt of the Laughing Can, the Promoter will verify the claim and contact successful winners to confirm their claim is a valid winning Prize claim. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to contact winners. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available after reasonable efforts by the Promoter, the Promoter is not obliged to award a Prize to them.
- A winner’s Prize will be delivered to them by post within 28 days of their winning claim being validated. Prizes will only be delivered to an address in England, Scotland or Wales.
- There are 10 Prizes in total, with one Prize per Laughing Can. Each Prize consists of a £1000 Holiday Virgin Voucher (‘Voucher’) and a Heinz coupon to receive a replacement Heinz multipack. Each winner can claim a maximum of one Prize.
- Vouchers are provided by Acorne Plc (trading as The Virgin Voucher) and can be redeemed with:
- Virgin Holidays
- Virgin Holidays Cruises
- Virgin Balloon Flights
- Virgin Experience Days
- Kasbah Tamadot
- Ulusaba Private Game Reserve
- Necker Island
- The Lodge, Verbier
- The Roof Gardens
- Virgin Pure
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value should the advertised prizes become unavailable for reasons beyond its control.
- No minimum spend is required to redeem Vouchers.
- Vouchers can be used for multiple redemptions against different items, up to the Voucher value.
- Further terms apply to Vouchers, in addition to these Terms. For more information please visit www.thevirginvoucher.co.uk/Terms
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Virgin. Participants acknowledge that Virgin shall not have any liability to them in connection with the Promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any other personal expenditure and incidental costs in relation to any Prize or its redemption.
- There is no alternative to or cash substitute for the stated Prizes.
- The Promoter is entitled to use its discretion when assessing Prize claims where the purchase receipt cannot be provided or where the Promoter otherwise considers it appropriate to do so.
- Bulk entries and entries by agents, third parties or organised groups will not be accepted.
- Satisfactory proof of identity may be required before a Prize is awarded.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
- entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected, incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason;
- receipt, use or misuse of the Prizes sent by Promoter; or
- the cancellation, interruption or alteration of the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right without prior notice and in its own discretion to disqualify any participant which it believes to have acted in breach of these Terms, or any applicable legal obligation, without being liable for any damages.
- Any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyrights, in respect of this Promotion are the sole and exclusive property of the Promoter and shall vest in the Promoter. To the extent legal title to all such intellectual property rights does not automatically vest in Promoter, you hereby transfer and assign to Promoter which transfer and assignment is hereby accepted all worldwide right, title and interest in and to any such intellectual property rights.
- To participate in the Promotion and enable Promoter to communicate with you, you may be asked to provide personal data to Promoter (e.g. your name; email/real address, landline/mobile phone number).
- By participation in the Promotion you agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter and give the Promoter the right to publish and use your name and/or information about you and the Promotion.
- The names and counties of the Prize winners can be obtained by sending a SAE to: Heinz Canned Laughter Competition, J. Heinz Foods UK Ltd, South Building, Hayes Park, Hayes, UB4 8AL within 3 months of the claim closing date. By entering, Prize winners consent to such information being disclosed upon request.
- If you would like a written copy of these full Terms, please write to: Sainsburys customer team at H.J. Heinz Foods UK Ltd, South Building, Hayes Park, Hayes, UB4 8AL providing your address and contact details.
- By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and by any other requirements set out in related promotional materials.
- If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- You guarantee that all the information provided by you is correct, accurate and complete. Prize claims with incorrect information will be disqualified.
- The Promotion and these Terms are subject to English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction for any matters arising in connection with these Terms or the Promotion.
Promoter: HJ Heinz Foods UK Ltd, South Building, Hayes Park, Hayes, Middlesex UB4 8AL
Coordinating promotion on behalf of H.J. Heinz Foods UK Ltd:
MRM Agency, Barberton House, Farndon Road, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 9NR
And; Why Not Agency – 60 Parker St, London WC2B 5PZ